MY TREASURES IN JARS OF CLAY
more...
would be the tracks that accompanied me through secondary sch life.
I think having the Parachute Band at FOP this week,
got me reminiscing on the bands I listened close to a decade ago.
Jars of Clay (JOC) would be one of the first few that came to mind.
My sister was my only source of the nicest track around
(sadly she was no longer my music guru
when she jo-gek (malay for dance) her way into techno...
which we shall not discuss any further.. hahahhaha)
So, JOC... yes... naturally songs like Tea & Sympathy, Frail,
No One Loves Me Like You, Five Candles would playback in your head
with a flood of nostalgia that follows after.
I once professed my puppy love to a guy
by playing the track No One Loves Me Like You
over the phone..
(think John Cusack with his iconic boombox in Say Anything)
which was funny when I recalled it.
Another friend msned me when I posted a subnick about a JOC song
He was a JOC fan during his NS days.
AMAZING.
Oh and almost a decade ago,
I too braved the crabby weather
and long winding queue to get into SIS for FOP
We had Hillsong and it was the Touching Heaven Changing Earth era
with tambourine dancers floating in their endless long skirts.
Now I do feel a tad older.
Ok finally gonna catch up on sleep now,
sleeping in on a SUNDAY morning is rare.
Then gonna shop for RUL
before heading to SIS for the final session for the weekend.
Until then,
enjoy Tea & Sympathy.
Sunday, August 3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment